Happy Lunar New Year from Talitha Consults | The Year of the Rabbit 2023
[PICTURED: Multiple photos of the Chief Comfort Officer, Horatio]
Wishing you all good luck, good health and prosperity in this Lunar New Year season.
We acknowledge the Lunar New Year at Talitha Consults as a way to uplift the cultural heritage of our team members, friends, and clients who celebrate this tradition.
According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2023 is believed to be the year of the rabbit.
Rabbits are prey animals; therefore, they are known for staying alert to their surroundings to avoid potential danger or threat. Rabbits don’t roar, bark or purr. How do they communicate? Through their postures. When their hind legs are stretched out, it means they feel safe (see the photo of Horatio, Talitha’s Chief Comfort Officer). When a threat is near, they stomp their hind feet loudly and hop away swiftly.
In this year of the rabbit, we at Talitha Consults reflect on the following questions gleaned from the common traits associated with rabbits—alertness and postures:
- How are we staying alert to cultivate a sense of shared humanity?
- What types of fear or perceived threats are keeping us from working together for a mutual transformation?
- What do our postures/actions communicate about who we are and what we value?
[PICTURED: Chief Comfort Officer, Horatio, resting]
Inspired by the common traits of the rabbits, we at Talitha Consults are staying alert while letting our core values guide our postures—
- Racial equity & social justice
- Radical inclusion
- Meaningful community engagement
- Contextualized & asset-based solutions
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Steadfast & thorough customer support
- Attentive & compassionate listening
- Diversity – For us, it is not what we do, it is WHO WE ARE TOGETHER!
To learn more, go to: https://www.talithaconsults.com/team
Talitha’s Highlights from the year of the Tiger (2022)
- Equity-centered community planning: Conducted organizational assessments for public & social impact agencies in multiple states.
- Learning and development: Designed & delivered justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) workshops in multiple states as well as leadership development courses for global student leaders from 17 countries.
- Olivier Matendo (Analyst-in-Training) & Jonathan Joseph (Advisor) joined the team.